In February 2010, a benefits task force sponsored two system-wide surveys of faculty and staff about retirement benefits preferences. Among the results:
- UC's pension and retiree health benefits are one of top reasons why faculty and staff come to UC and why they stay.
- 80% expressed high satisfaction with retirement benefits.
- 73% plan to retire with 20 or more years of service.
Joining our academic team provides access to additional academic privileges including:
- Sabbatical leave to pursue established research and education goals
- Opportunities to provide private consulting in your area(s) of expertise
- UC's commitment to ongoing professional development throughout your career
- Flexibility to develop applied research programs focused on California’s problems.